:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, November 25, 2007 ::

:: The Replacements ::
"I look at you and I see two men: the man you are and the man you ought to be... "
- Gene Hackman from "The Replacements"

You wouldn't think that some cheesy line from a "so-bad-it's-good" football flick would mean much. I was flipping channels after "SportsCenter" and "The Replacements" happened to be on. I've seen it before but it's one of those films that I'll watch till the end if I run across it. You've probably never watched (because you have a life) it but it's worth watching just for the sheer Unintentional Comedy throughout the whole flick.

There's Keanu Reeves, who's shockingly effective as the quarterback There John Favreau playing the psychotic adrenaline junkie defensive back (you occasionally see him with a "wait, I was in the movie 'Swingers' and now I'm doing this?" look on his face). There's Gene Hackman mailing it in shouting clichés with a "wait I was the start of 'Hoosiers' once, wasn't I?" look on his face. And my favorite character was the lovely Brooke Langton as the head cheerleader/love interest/Wonderbra spokesperson whose previous claim to fame was one of Billy's girlfriends on "Melrose Place" (yes, I recalled that from memory and no, I'm not ashamed). Just so we're clear, her character is a single, cute, kindhearted, head NFL cheerleader who, by the way, owns her own bar. I mentioned she's single, right? Because this happens all the time.

John Madden and Pat Summerall providing commentary (including one train wreck of a scene where Keanu finally makes a move on Brooke. The Police's "Every Breath You Take" is playing while Madden and Summerall provide commentary like Shane is trying to get into the end zone. I'm not making this up.)

I could go into the plot but it's your standard predictable sports movie with a happy ending, and I AM somewhat ashamed to admit, the ending gave me chills. Just like a good bad sports flick should.

Labels: , , , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:39 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?