:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, April 23, 2004 ::

:: Also... ::
I really need to expand on that last post:

It's unfortunate that in the otherwise great country of ours, our infatuation with the absurd concept of celebrity only allows for the recognition of those we see on the news. Some aren't so deserving. Others, like Pat Tillman, are.

And yet we often fail to recognize these types that we see every day. Every now and then we hear about people who put their careers on hold, or even end it, to become teachers. I know of many people who dedicated their lives to church. Many knowingly subject themselves to a life of near poverty by going on extended missions trips to far off lands where even their return isn't always guaranteed. I know people who waited on lucrative medical careers by enlisting in military service to heal the men and women of our armed forces.

But one doesn't have to look that far. Just look at those who delay their possible financial success by working behind the scenes at a church, even those who venture into vast uncertainty of starting and building up a new church, even if it means forsaking the life that they've grown comfortable with. I've had a distinct pleasure of knowing a few people like this during my lifetime and they deserve our deepest respect.

People like this aren't just at churches. They exist in many facets of our lives, sometimes hidden, too often unheralded.

It's odd. I love this new stage of my life and I have no idea that I'm doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing... and yet... I can't shake the feeling that it's utterly pointless at times. Hearing about people like Mr. Tillman and knowing the people that I do, there’s a still a part of me that seeks something... greater.

I don't know how many people read this blog any more and I'm not sure that I care, but this is something I had to write for no one but myself so at least I know in my mind that I've paid homage in my own little way to the lives of those who, on many levels, serve a greater purpose than mine.

May God bless you all.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 7:44 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?