:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, January 16, 2003 ::

It came to my attention recently that the Miller Brewing Company has been receiving complaints about its latest commercial featuring two scantily clad, ample women fighting in a water fountain arguing whether Miller Lite "tastes great" or is "less filling."

It seem the biggest complaint is that commercial is only 30 seconds long.

Seriously though, this has to be one of the funniest commercials I've seen in a while. It doesn't give me an uncontrollable urge to go out and drink Miller Lite (if I wanted to drink water, I'd drink water) but as a guy who's aspiring to be an art director for an ad agency someday, I have to admit respect and admiration for the simple creativity behind this commercial. It's brilliant in that so-simple-why-didn't-anyone-think-of-this-before way.

I should also point out that it also reaffirms my long held beliefs that the quality of the beer commercial is inversely proportional to the quality of the beer itself. Budweiser, Coors, and MIller have always had good commercials and latest Heineken spots have been extremely well done. I can only hope that one day my creative abilities allow me to develop a commercial that convinces people to drink inferior malt beverages.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 7:15 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?