:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 ::

:: Job Search: What did you call me? ::
I've been getting to know the staff pretty well that over the last few days since it's either been slow at the restaurant and we've had time to stand around and talk or we go out for beers after work. One of the guys comes up with a new nickname for me every few days, some of the guys are already at the stage where we feel comfortable talking shit to each other, and a few of the girls there are in love with my massages. (They're also jealous of my hair, which is weird and kinda cool at the same time. Know what I'm talking about? Um, neither do I.)

(It's the polar opposite of the last place in that while I don't really like working there, I like the people who do.)

Anyway, there's this bartender who always calls everyone "honey," "sweetie," or "baby." She seems nice enough but we've never had any substantial conversations beyond stuff like how long we've been living in South Beach or our favorite booze.

One night after work a few of use head to the bar after work. The bartender and I were talking while I'm waiting for my Guinness to settle. She gets her vodka cranberry and heads back to our table. As she walks away she calls me "Sweet Cheeks."

Now, I've met plenty of women who always use expressions like "honey," "sweetie," or "baby" and I've never read anything into it. But "sweet cheeks?"

That's new.

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:39 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?