:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, December 14, 2007 ::

:: The Soundtrack of my Life Part II ::
Put your iTunes or whatever music player you have on shuffle. The first song that you hear will be the song for your Opening Scene. Skip to the next song, this answers your next question. Keep doing this until the end. However, I have a lot of Classical music so if, for example, "Allegro con Brio" from Beethoven's "Symphony no. 5 in C Major" pops up, I just skip ahead and see if anything with lyrics (and a title in English) come up.

Thanks to Neenee for this one.

1) IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY? Oh Danny Boy - Peformed by Daniel O'Donnell
And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warmer, sweeter be
If you will kneel to tell me that you love me
I will sleep in peace until you come to me.


What a way to start, huh?

2) WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY? Good Times Bad Times - Led Zeppelin
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man,
Now I've reached that age, I've tried to do all those things the best I can.
No matter how I try, I find my way into the same old jam.

Good Times, Bad Times, you know I had my share;
When my woman left home for a brown eyed man,
Well, I still don't seem to care.


Sounds about right.

3) WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL? November Rain - Guns 'n Roses
So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain


4) HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY? You and Me and the Bottle makes Three - Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Well I know this cat named Mo. He wanders to and fro
His and my favorite waterin' hole
I said "Hey Mo, how you doing, where have you been?
He said, "I've been fine with my whiskey, wine and gin.


I'm not an alcoholic.

5) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE? Texarkana - R.E.M.
20,000 miles to an oasis
20,000 years will I burn
20,000 chances I wasted
Waiting for the moment to turn
I would give my life to find it
I would give it all
Catch me if I fall


6) WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO? - Cabo Wabo - Van Halen
We drink mescal right from the bottle
Salt shaker, little lick a lime, ohhh
Throwin down, down tryin to reach the bottom
Where the guave worm, well hes mine all mine


I'm NOT an alcoholic.

7) WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU? The Fly - U2
It's no secret that a friend is someone who lets you help
It's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else
They say a secret is something you tell one other person
So I'm telling you...


8) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS? Hold her Down - Toad the Wet Sprocket
And they dont know her
But what the fuck
They've got nothing else they can do
And they've no reason
But still they come
And I
Would have a hard time facing you
This crime
The shame of what a man can do


And they wonder why I never call.

9) WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN? Paranoid Android - Radiohead
When I am king, you will be first against the wall
with your opinion which is of no consequence at all
What's that...?


10) WHAT IS 2+2? Spirits in the Material World - The Police
Where does the answer lie?
Living from day to day
If its something we cant buy
There must be another way


11) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND? Let her Cry - Hootie and the Blowfish
And just let her cry...if the tears fall down like rain
Let her sing...if it eases all her pain
Let her go...let her walk right out on me
And if the sun comes up tomorrow
Let her be...let her be.


I'm pretty sure my best friend won't like that I called him a "her."

12) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Little Drop of Poison - Tom Waits
Did the devil make the world while god was sleeping
Someone said you'll never get a wish from a bone
Another wrong good-bye and a hundred sailors
That deep blue sky is my home

She left in the fall, that's her picture on the wall
She always had that little drop of poison


No wonder I'm so confused lately.

13) WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY? Terrorism - Soulfly
Spreading terrorism through the music
Rebelling against all this shit
Energy in the purest form
Controlled chaos, bring it on...


Sort of works, but I'm really not this angry. (Just don't piss me off.)

14) WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP? Stand up and Shout - Steel Dragon
I know what you want and what your thinking
I can free your sexuality
No ones ever tortured you with pleasure
Pleasures all you'll ever feel from me


I'll buy you a drink if you know where exactly this song is from (without Googling it).

15) WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE? Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where Ive been.


Yeah, sounds about right =P

16) WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU? Fallen - Sarah McLachlan
Though I've tried, I've fallen...
I have sunk so low
I have messed up
Better I should know
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so...


I didn't even need the lyrics. The title pretty much says it all.

17) WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING? Touch You Touch You - Hot Hot Heat
Know you won't believe it
not until you see it.
No. Know you won't believe it
not until I write it down.
Down...I Touch You, Touch You


Strangely fitting.

18) WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL? Kite - U2
Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to say what it is will break you
I don't know, which way the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around
Don't want to see you cry
I know that this is not goodbye


It was originally "4 Finale: Adagio molto from Symphony No. 3 in E flat major OP. 55 'Eroica'" by Beethoven but, whatever.

19) WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST? You can't Kill Rock 'n Roll - Ozzy Osbourne
Leave me alone, don't want your promises no more
'Cos rock & roll is my religion and my law
Won't ever change, may think it's strange
I'm born to rock & roll, I'm here to stay, yeah

Ozzy rules.

20) WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET? Whiskey in the Jar - Metallica
There's whiskey in the jar-o
Being drunk and weary I went to Molly's chamber
Takin' my Molly with me, but I never knew the danger


Seriously, I'm not an alcoholic!

21) WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS? If it Make you Happy - Sheryl Crow
If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad


I'm not going to tag anyone but if you're like me and you havea a lot of classical or instrumental music, try adopting my rules and see what you end up with.

Labels: ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 1:49 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?