:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, November 03, 2007 ::

:: Server Stories: Halloween ::
My restaurant allows its staff to dress up for Halloween. I wasn't planning on dressing up until I got a call that morning from Chuck, and he really didn't want to be the only straight guy in costume. I relented and lacking time and creativity, slapped together at the last minute a male Hawaiian Hula Dancer that I had left over from a previous Halloween.

My hair has gotten long enough that the managers make me keep it up in a knot, whereas a ponytail was previously sufficient but for that night, they let me keep it down. I wouldn't be writing about it except for this: three random women that night asked me it that was my real hair - ??? - followed by something along the lines of "oh my gawd, it's so beautiful, I'm so jealous," etc.

Random women have been telling me how much they like my hair every now and then so I guess I should be used to it by now (that and some drunk guys from Pittsburg thought I was Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, though they didn't ask me for an autograph or anything, which would have been kinda weirdly cool), except I've never had anyone ask if it was a wig. Then again, considering the costumes I saw some guys wearing that night, I wasn't surprised. Kinda funny now that I think about it.

Labels: , , , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:24 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?