:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 ::

:: Starbucks ::
i'm at my usual starbucks right now and I just had to listen the people in front of me say this:

Gay Guy: Does your cinnamon dole-see (actually spelled "dolce") latte have sugar in it?
Clerk: Yes, we use a...
GG: Oohhhh, if can you leave that out and use equal instead, I'd absolutely love you. (Verbatim.)
C: (Forced smile) Sure. What size?
GG: Oh, whatever your medium is.
C: Grande Cinnamon Dolde Latte with Equal instead of...
GG: Wait, doesn't grande mean large?
C: (Looking like he wants to hurl himself out the window) It's just the way we...

I roll my eyes and tuned out after that. Then the girl in front me walks up and spews this gem:

"I'd like a grande, extra-shot, half-decaf, four-Spenda, four-pump, 130-degree dolce latte."

That's roughly what she said though I'm not completely sure since I think head caved in at that moment. I also thought for a moment that I heard the ex since she's the only one who ever ordered anything that way. This girl was an employee at another store. That's the only explaination.

Anyway, the poor clerk looked like he wanted to set himself on fire by the time I walked up. Through his forced smile and barely veiled contempt for humanity, he greets me and asks for my order.

"Large coffee, please."

Labels: ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 4:19 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?