:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, November 08, 2009 ::

:: This Thing On? ::
I know. It seems I write one of these posts every few months or so saying "I'm still here" after going a few weeks without posting anything. Well, I'm still here.

It's not that I haven't tried blogging but I I've had more false starts than the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and it's disconcerting how the drafts in my Blogger Dashboard have started to pile up. I've finally figured out that it isn't so much that it's writer's block, at least not in the traditional sense.

I used to blog frequently enough and practiced writing enough that I developed my own style. Probably because I haven't been as prolific lately but I think I've lost that crucial feel for writing. There's also the possibility that having both a Facebook and Twitter account might be distracting me. (Then again, it's not like I update those pages all that frequently either.) It's certainly not for lack of material.

I've been reading some different blogs lately; not the ones I have linked on my page (which reminds me: update links); many of which I enjoy the content but a few other, while the topic itself isn't the most scintillating, they possess a very distinct, very elegant voice that I enjoy. It makes me wonder if I should try to tweak my writing or just try to keep hammering away until I get it back.

Either way, I'm still here.

Labels:


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:40 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?