:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, February 07, 2009 ::

:: Job Search: Yet Again ::
First the bad news: Some of you might remember I wrote that I might get laid off (one of these days, I'd like to type that without using the word "off") from my job. It seems that i was on the bubble with management considering laying off one of the less productive waiters. Word of my altercation with the lazy busboy got back to the people at human resources and as a result, I was cut. (The busboy was also terminated, but that doesn't really make me feel any better.) This happened right after I wrote that first post.

Now the good news: I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

I couldn't resist, it was right there. The real good news - with a caveat - is that I found a new job not too long after. The new job is at another steakhouse, which is great because I like the steakhouse atmosphere and when it comes to the menu, I know the basics quite well. The caveat: this is a brand new restaurant that hasn't even opened yet. I don't even begin training until late next week, maybe. Normally, a new steakhouse be great, and this place is well known with several locations on the East Coast. However, with the crappy economy, I don't think anyone knows whether or not the new spot will take off.

I can only hope. It sucks to be dealing with this - yet again - but I only have myself to blame for the situation I'm in.

Labels: , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 8:30 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?