:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, October 31, 2008 ::

:: Football Woes ::
I've been a long time SanFran 49ers fan through the good times (back when we won the Super Bowl XXIX against Sandy Eggo 1995) and through the bad times (pretty much every year since then). I've tried to stay loyal when we became the laughing stock the last few years, but I had a glimmer of hope when we hired coach Mike Nolan.

When Nolan was fired, Mike Singletary, known in Chicago as the "Heart of the Defense" and having borderline psychotic intensity on the field during his years as a linebacker, seemed like a good idea at the time.

This guy spends his offseason as a motivational speaker, so it was reasonable to assume he'd be able to spark some intensity into an otherwise lackadaisical team.

And then he pulls this stunt. His reasoning? "I used my pants to illustrate that we were getting our tails whipped on Sunday and how humiliating that should feel for all of us. I needed to do something to dramatize my point; there were other ways I could have done it but I think this got the message across."

First off, why in the name of Venus' taint did this ever become public? Is this really something you want reported in the news? Second... for the love of God WHY?

I think I need to find a new football team. Any suggestions?

Labels: , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 12:05 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?