:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, March 14, 2008 ::

:: Job Search: Oh, NOW they Call ::
A manager from one of the restaurants I applied at called and left a message asking me if I'm still interested in working there. Hmm. A little late, since I'm working now, right? Except I'm actually considering it.

Why? Things at Swanky Trendy Restaurant are going okay but depending on the nights, weather, and what section I'm in, things have been frustratingly hit-and-miss there. I'm still willing to ride it out since most of the people there are nice and I'm actually kinda interested in learning out haute cuisine and gathering more wine knowledge. (Before this, I had no idea what things like "cuvee" and "mertiage" are and I always thought Brut was a cologne for greasy used-car salesmen. It sounds stupid but I'm serious. I rarely drink champagne.)

(Slight digression: did I mention that this job requires me to wear a tie? I fucking hate ties. Something about that seems so unnatural to me. On the other hand I told me parents that I finally have a job that requires me to wear a tie to work and they've never been more proud.)

Honestly, I've been thinking about picking up a second job anyway. Swank is dinner only and this other place has does a pretty good breakfast and lunch business so my plan is to try out the morning shift a few days a week and keep my night job. It's the middle of season so I'll just work my ass off for two months. This way, I'll make some extra cash, go out less, save more, and when season is over, quit one job and focus my efforts on finding my "real job." (That and I have a month's worth of lost income I need to make up.) Whatever money I have saved up, I can use on printing out a nicer portfolio, plane tickets in case I need to fly somewhere for interviews, and any other costs that job search might incur.

And maybe buy myself a nice bottle of bourbon to celebrate getting that job.

I'm going to have to sleep on it but it might work.

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 4:01 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?