:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 ::

:: Celtics ::
My brother sent me tickets to see the Boston Celtics for Christmas and I couldn't be happier. I've been telling everyone "I'm going to see the Celtics" instead of "I'm going to the Heat game" even though it's played in Miami because if you were to ask anyone, they believe the Heat left the city.

(And really, as a casual basketball fan, even I don't want to go see a team that should be called the Pat Riley Burnouts featuring a debilitated Dwayne Wade - who has the same look on his face as Al Pacino in "Ocean's 13" where he's simultaneously thinking "I can't believe I'm doing this shit" and "can I start getting paid in cash?"- and the Fat Guy Formerly Known as Shaq. (Has there been a more precipitous, yet easily predictable fall for glory any superstar athlete? This guy ate his way out of his own oversized uniform and his "work ethic" makes, Seth Rogin from "Knocked Up" look like a workaholic. On the other hand, he's in perfect shape to become a MIami cop.)

Anyway, there's been a lot of hype about the Celtics since this latest crop has finally brought respectability back to that franchise, never mind that they've been on an historic tear so far. So while it would have been nice to see them play someone besides the rejects from the Washington Generals, watching Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce anywhere is a treat.

I'm going with my buddy who's the bartender at The Abby, and he just called me asking if there's a liquor store nearby. He wants to bring a couple of flasks and fill them with booze since the arena stops selling booze after the third quarter, which he finds offensive. This is going to be interesting.

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 6:05 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?