:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Monday, November 19, 2007 ::

:: Server Stories: Coffee Addict ::
It seems there's a few axioms about the service staff who work at a restaurants; you like to drink, you like to do drugs (or perhaps both), you're kinda of a slacker, and you need lots and lots off caffeine.

I don't have a drinking problem, I don't do drugs, but I seem to have a fairly strong need for caffeine. You'd think this would be odd considering that I wake up around 12:00 and most of my shifts start around 5:00pm. In my case, I usually chug some Diet Coke with my breakfast (a few of my co-workers wake up just before they come to work). But even then I need something, extra once I get to work so I pick up a can of Rockstar or Monster energy drink when I start. If you've never had it, it's Red Bull but the can is twice as large. It used to be sufficient but now they started selling an even larger can (the equivalent of three Red Bulls) and I've switched over to those.

Pretty intense, right? It gets better; now that it's getting darker sooner and the first couple of hours of work is dead, I also drink a couple of cups off black coffee while I stand around. And the funny thing is, that's still not as much coffee as I used to drink back when I had a desk job.

How human beings survived before discovering coffee, I'll never know.

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 10:41 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?