:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 ::

:: Nightmares ::
I normally sleep pretty well but I had a fairly vivid nightmare last night. I couldn't tell you what happened now but all I remember is that it felt real. It may have had something to do with some of my subconscious fears or something. I recall having trouble breathing, like I being overwhelmed under some great burden, bad enough that I woke up. It took a moment to remember where I was and I lay there staring at the ceiling. I was ok. I left my TV on and I heard something about baseball, which was odd since the season was over. Also odd was I still had trouble breathing. My breaths felt shallow; something was wrong. It was like that burden from my dream was something real. Was I still dreaming? I must be. I lift my head up.

And I saw my stupid cat, laying there across my chest. My big, orange, twelve pound cat Ricky, eyes half closed, purring loudly, looking about as content as cats do when they find a nice place to rest. He turns to look at me with what looked like an annoyed expression, like I just interrupted his beauty rest or something. Or at least that's how it seemed since my eyes are useless without my contacts. I lay back and laugh. He's very sweet and affectionate but he's never done that before. Or at least I don't think he has.

I push him off and try to go back to sleep. Except I lay on my side this time so Rick-E won't try to sleep on top of me again. Determined to mooch off my body heat, he curls up next to me and I feel him resume purring. I think about that dream, and try to figure it out. It felt real. It invovled things I've had on my mind lately. But that breathing thing bugged me. Ricky may be big for a cat but twelve pounds is nothing, isn't it? It felt real. I fell asleep thinking about it. Fortunately, I make it through the rest of the night without any more breathing problems.

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 9:08 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?