:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, November 30, 2007 ::

:: Books and Beer ::
There's this nice little bar over on Meridian that I like to go to called "X-treme Cafe." (Yeah, it's a horrible name; it sounds like a place where snowboarders and motorcrossers go to shotgun cans of Red Bull.) It's a beer and wine bar with dozens of beers, several of which even I haven't tried. (Also, the owner said he's going to change the name soon. He told me what it was but it was some foreign word that started with the letter "A" and I had enough trouble just saying it.) The inside is your typical dark, trendy furnishings, dance music turned up just a bit too loud, South Beach-ish type place but they have a front porch (it's a converted house) that's well lit so I can relax with my beer and enjoy a book.

I'm usually there when I have Friday nights off so I'm usually surrounded by yuppie/trendy-types who are either going to or just leaving some local club. One night literally every guy that was there was wearing a white dress shirt - untucked - with designer jeans and nice shoes. Then there's me with my gray, Monty Python "I Fart in your General Direction" T-shirt, cargo pants, and flip-flops.

And then there's the book. I suppose it's odd to see a guy reading a book at a bar (then again, it's odd to see a guy reading anything in this town). I say odd because I could be at some crappy dive bar with my laptop and no one asks me about that. Some of the more curious (inebriated) types usually ask me something along the lines of "why are you reading at a bar at midnight on a Friday?" My usual answer is "Starbucks closes at eleven and they don't serve beer."

Anyway, with the weather is cooling down, I'll probably be back there tonight and try out some of the stouts. And if I can manage to get my nose out of my book, maybe talk to a woman or two.

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 8:36 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?