:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, February 17, 2007 ::

:: Now What? ::
It's been a while since I've posted and I've been wondering what to do with this blog for the last couple of weeks. I've thought about just taking a break but the last time I tried that, it lasted all of three days. I've gone through lulls before but this feels different. It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, but it it's just that I don't feel like I can.

I'm not worried about too many readers learning about my personal life (my twelve regulars aren't really new). Nor am I concerned about being too open since I was never really that open to begin with.

This blog is a very real representation of what I'm like in real life. I'm an art student turned waiter who loves sports, likes funny words, has a dry sense of humor, is sometimes clueless about women, and occasionally shows evidence of spending too much time on the computer. But it's like an iceberg in that I only show about ten percent of my real self. This is true in real life as well, since most of the people who know me in real life don't know that much about me. It's always been that way, and it's not going to change any time soon.

And it's that other 90% that's been going on in my life lately that I can't write about. It's stuff that only two or three friends would ever hear from me and even then, they'd probably have to drag it out of me. But before you guys go off thinking I'm suicidally depressed or on some drunken bender, it's nothing like that. I'm not depressed, miserable, or anything. Stuff has just been happening to me lately that tells me that my life isn't where it should be. Or for that matter, I'm not - at 32 - where I should be either. Just your typical, run-of-the-mill, what-does-it-all-mean crap.

But it's my burden and I need to deal with it on my own.

Labels:


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:48 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?