:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, January 14, 2007 ::

:: My First (and hopefully, last) "Audition" ::
Actually, what it really was was an interview of sorts with a new club that's opening up close to the restaurant that I work at. Of course, this being South Beach and all, they can't just call it an interview, they have to advertise it as a "casting call" seeking people to "audition" for various positions ranging from bartender, security (my co-worker MZ actually suggested that I might do well as a bouncer since I'm a big guy with long hair and I can potentially look intimidating with a goatee. That and this one disruptive customer that came a few months ago actually quieted down when I approached him. Sorry, I'm digressing), bottle service, and I think a pole dancer or two. Okay I made that last part up.

So really, when I should be looking for interview opportunities with that little thing I went to school for two years for (what's it called... art... something), I'm looking at working a bar at a snooty club a couple of nights a week. It wasn't my idea but MZ didn't want to go alone so I tagged along, figuring it couldn't hurt.

What was it like? I supposed it isn't as emotionally degrading as a real casting call might be but there was a line down the block for prospective applicants who looked a little too eager, almost as if this job would be a make-or-break proposition for them. Be it paying their rent, maintaining (or replenishing) their stash, or saving up for a boob job, almost everyone there looked like they had a dire need for... I don't know, something. Also, I'm not sure who dresses skankier; girls who go to clubs or girls who want to work at a club. All I know is that I was paraded to miles of cleavege, of both the tits and the ass variety (if these pants get any lower, we're going to be able to see a fully-clothed girl's clitoral piercing. I'm serious. And I'm still debating whether is would be a good thing. And don't get me wrong, I love the clitoris but still. Let's move on.) Whatever, I wasn't complaining as I was treated to an eyeful as I was filling out my application.

About the application; the first two pages were the normal stuff you fill out: employment history, references, etc. Oddly, there wasn't anything inquiring your criminal history ("Have you ever been convicted of a crime?" No. "Explain?" Good lawyer.) I'm not sure why but I found this comforting, though I really should have felt consternation. However, that third page got a little... what's the word... umm... lame? There were questions ranging from the last movie I saw (Blood Diamond), the last magazine I bought (Road & Track), how many friends I have on myspace (seriously), to my favorite website (espn.com).

I wonder if the fact that I have only 19 friends on myspace will affect my chances.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 12:06 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?