:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, May 13, 2006 ::

:: It's Been One of those Weeks ::
It's been a pretty long week at work and I'm pretty tired. The season is over and things have slowed down quite a bit at the restaurant but since they closed half the place, us servers are doing alright with money. Still, I should be doing better than I have and this last week has been especially brutal for me in terms of money. I'm not in any danger of going homeless or hungry (though I will have to cut back on beer nights with the guys) but it's discouraging after a long night of pushing seafood and you walk home feeling like the night was a complete waste. And while the other servers might have a decent night, there's not a thing I could have done to make it better.

Our host is the brother of the owner and comfortably in the retirement stage of his life. He doesn't have to work but he hosts and keeps an eye on the restaurant to keep himself busy. He's nice enough guy once you get past the grumpy-old-man facade but he sometimes seats customers wildly inconsistently and for whatever reason, I got the bitch treatment this entire week. Complaining won't do any good since all he'll do is become ornery and tell you to leave if you don't like here. I suppose I could find work elsewhere (for example, at an Ad Agency) but I'm too far gone to want to learn the ins and outs of a different restaurant. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my place of work, I like being a waiter, and I'm grateful to have this job but I just had one of those weeks and I need to vent a litte. Thing will get better.

I hope.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:07 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?