:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 ::

:: More Pavement Pounding (With my HEAD) ::
Ok, so I get up this morning to resume my job hunt, except I can't because it's raining buckets and I don't have an umbrella. I wait for the rain to stop, which it finally does in the early afternoon. I leave my apartment, only to have it start up again once I get a few blocks away. I think to myself "fuck it" so once it lets up again, I grab my laptop and head over to Taste Bakery to see if I can get any work done.

On the way there, I get a call from the manager of a totally different seafood restaurant that I applied at weeks ago. I have an interview tomorrow at four. Things are looking up.

After being at Taste for about an hour, this cute redhead walks in. We make eye contact, she smiles and says "hey you" like we've met before. I simply smile and reply "hey." In the meantime, I'm racking my brain trying remember how or why I should know her. After she orders, she walks back to my table and we catch up. It seems she's a former student at my school. "Former" because she decided that it wasn't for her so she dropped out to become a writer. Which is cool so I end up with her number. I'm still not exactly sure how that happened. (I'm such a smoothie. Not.)

Good day right? Nope. Being the tormented artsy type, I naturally lament the fact that I'm suddenly getting this female attention at a time when I'm out of school, unemployed, living off the last fumes of my students loans, life is unfair, fight the power, stick it to the man, blah blah blah. Then I remember that I could never quite pull off the tormented artist facade so I stop (Note to guys: if you wanna mimic the tortured artist to pick up chicks, learn from my mistakes and don't, you know, smile so much) and smile to myself because it has been a good day so far.

So far. Remember two weeks ago how I wrote that Eve from Starbucks is out of the picture? Well guess who just text messaged me "How are u?" just now as I was typing this? Go ahead, guess.

And while you're guessing, I'm gonna resume pounding my head against the wall a few dozen more times. More later.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:37 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?