:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, February 20, 2005 ::

:: Yet Another Ramble-fest ::
Another collection of random thoughts.

- Will someone please explain to me just how Ed McMahon outlived Johnny Carson? Does that make any sense to anyone? Does that even seem fair to anyone?

- There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and young primadonna athletes being self-aggrandizing even before they've accomplished anything. Imagine if Andrew Shue tried to forge a career off of his "Billy" character by demanding premium roles usually given to the likes of Cruise and Pitt. How ridiculous would that seem?

- Hockey is cancelled. The only ones oustide of the NHL who cared was Canada (and maybe Minnesota). Which begs the question, if Canada's power grid suddenly suffered a catastrophic power failure putting the entire country in a blackout, would anyone notice?

- Well, at least there's still the NBA (he said sarcastically).

- Stuff like this is why I love Google.

- Steroid use in baseball isn't nearly as rampant as some would have you believe. Just look at the likes of David Wells, Mo Vaughn, David Ortiz, Wilson Alvarez.

- Julie Chen on TV is a. grating b. extremely grating

- I know some of these new video games for xBox and PS2 are "adult oriented" but it makes me sad to think that not only are there 30 year old guys still sitting in their basement playing games, but that there are 30 year old guys who still go ga-ga over ridiculously rendered female game characters.

- That's probably why I don't own an xBox or PS2.

- My bologne has a first name, it's C-O-N-S-E-C-O.

- Chris Rock is in hot water for saying that the Oscars were "idiotic" and simple a glorified "fashion show" for gay people. Shouldn't be a big surprise that Hollywood is throwing a hissy fit over someone actually saying something resembling truth.

- There are concerns from "Academy members" that Rock shouldn't host because he doesn't take the show seriously. Really? You're telling me that there are people who do? I mean, heaven forbid you hire a comedian that tells jokes.

- I still hate running and my disdain for soccer grows each passing week and yet I continue to do both on a regular basis. It reminds me of how Alison refused to move out of the apartment despite breaking up with both Billy and Jake and having an ongoing blood feud with Amanda. I shouldn't know stuff like this.

- Listening to blues puts me in a good mood for some reason.

- I'm not a very good soccer player but it seems that I'm considered a very good goalie. The fact that I can use my hands seems to have something to do with it.

- I mean, seriously, no hands? A sport without hands, it's like telling Hieronymus Bosch "please, no morbid imagery."

- I've worked on Dunkin' Donuts coffee, Fris Vodka, Maker's Mark Whiskey, and Amstel Light. I don't know just how much more "research" I can take.

- A "Stop Ashlee Simpson" online petition has already gathered more than 320,000 signatures. Who says today's youth is apathetic?

- Napster's selling point for their new portable music player is that it's cheaper than an iPod. Not only that, filling it to capacity with songs is cheaper, and that the 10,000 songs an iPod can potentially hold will cost its owner $10,000. Ironic how the people at Napster seem to think that iPod owners actually pay for their music.

- The Rocky DVD collection came out recently. If we leave "Rocky V" at the store, can we get a discount for it? I just prefer to think it never happened.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 1:17 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?