:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, February 26, 2005 ::

:: So Anyway ::
You guys wanna know just how much of an asshole Hitler was? I was in a vintage bookstore and found myself flipping through a copy of "Mein Kampf." You know what I discovered?

No dedication.

My humor's been a little off the last couple of days, and by "off" I mean "crass, puerile, and sardonic." Hey, I have to prep myself for my stand-up routine one way or another right? Kidding. Actually, my material isn't that offensive other than a couple of f-bombs here and there. At least it's not offensive if you're white, straight, and male. In other words, my people. Ok seriously, I need to stop.

I know I've harped on this before and it's probably boring you readers to tears but seriously, I haven't felt this level of consternation since the last time I asked a girl to perform the Rusty Trombone on me. (That never actually happened but I spent the last three minutes sifting through my simile box, which is rather barren at the moment.)

(Oh by the way, if you don't know what a "Rusty Trombone" is, for the love of Pete, do NOT look it up. I beg you.)

My material so far seems to be ok. It still could be better but that doesn't worry me nearly as much as my delivery. I tend to talk fast as it is but it goes into hyperdrive whenever I'm nervous and some of my jokes have a certain type of build up that, to me, looks funny on paper but requires a certain delivery when I'm actually saying it in front of people. And what gets me is that in terms of my school, this class isn't going to do anything for my portfolio. All it really does it teach one to write funny which is cool and all but I'm not a writer. There are other things I'm working on right now could be considered more important but I feel more apprehensive about this than anything else.

I'm just happy they're gonna be serving beer for the show since everything we do should be funnier once everyone gets liquored up.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 1:26 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?