:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, January 28, 2005 ::

:: My One Splurge ::
I'm such a slut when it comes to Oakleys.

Remember a blog last November about my "sunglass curse?" I've owned about four different pairs of Oakley M-Frames since 1992 and they've all been lost, stolen, or irreparably damaged, which is saying something given their much-touted durability.

I've been on an Oakley sabbatical for the last six+ years, at least in terms of eyewear. When they came out with their first shoes, they were so damn ugly I just had to have a pair. They're close to ten years old and quite worn out now, but I'm never going to get rid of them. Then there was my second pair of Oakley shoes that I still wear to this day. I've also owned a few T-shirts.

So I recently took the plunge late last year and bought myself a set of M-Frames and promptly scratched the lens within two weeks by walking into a post. Fortunately, the lenses can be switched so naturally, I had to go out and buy a replacement. I scoured ebay and ended up buying three and a case in one great package deal.

Now two of the lenses were identical which means I still need to buy at least one more lens for "bright" conditions, since others are for "sunny to partly cloud" and "overcast" conditions. At the same time I've been casually looking around for slightly more conventionally shaped models to wear when I'm not going to be playing sports. Ebay is great that way since you can find near-new shades for around half price. But this is just for now. Don't even get me started on my wish list.

Oh yeah, my old generic pair of flip-flops just broke so I just ordered a pair of Oakley O Sandals. Not from ebay but they were still over 50% off and I just couldn't say no. I'm such a slut.

My rather modest Oakley obsession amuses me sometimes since I'm normally not one to care about brand names. I kid you not, almost all my clothes were bought on sale. But yet, when it comes to Oakleys... it's my one splurge brand. I'm sure you can relate.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:02 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?