:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, January 24, 2003 ::

While suffering through yet another bout of insomnia I heard something interesting while flipping through the channels. It seems one of Anna Nicole Smith's New Year's resolutions is to lose weight. I suppose I should confess to making the same resolution this year. I also want Anna Nicole Smith to lose weight.

Not that I watch the show or anything (I absolutely refuse to be seduced by the whole "reality" TV" craze) but what boggles my mind is how everything she says sounds like she's either plastered, stoned, or WAY overmedicated. And it's not so much the slurring, the dreadful grammar, and appalling diction. No. It's that every phrase (I can't call them "sentences" as that word would only apply to the unfortunate viewers) she utters is so damn whiney. "Noooo. I don't want iiiiit." Good gawd. Seriously, she's whinier than an 18-year old gold-digger who just got told "no" by her sugar daddy.

I realize it seems somewhat judgmental of me when I say that I can't believe that this show has lasted this long but come on. I can understand how watching the show is fascinating in the same way that a multi-car pileup on the 405 has a certain morbid appeal but after a while, you need to look forward, drive on and let the cleanup crew deal with it.

Yay, I just yawned. I'm going to sleep now.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 7:50 AM [+] :: |
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?