:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 ::

I would have updated my blog sooner except Blogger was having a few problems with their server. Looks like it's all fixed now.

Anyway, I had a pretty good weekend. My best friend Brian got four tickets to the Laugh Factory in Hollywood. I knew he and I were gonna hang out but he got extra tickets for his little sister and her best friend, which was cool. We had to get there by 9:30 to secure our reserved spots for the 10:00pm show. Our plan was the get some snacks on the way up and go to Pink's Hotdogs after. Good plan, except a certain member of our party was a good forty minutes late, so we had to go straight there. Did I mention this person also ate beforehand? Needless to say, I was starving. Not just because I'm a pig who's always hungry but I just played a rigorous game of tackle football. Brian and I figured that the club would serve munchies there. What we didn't figure on was the minimalist menu. Five meager items? Come on! I realize that food is secondary at a comedy club, except I've been to other clubs that do have decent menus. So anyway, out of the five items, we ordered the chips and salsa since they looked the least horrible, or so we thought. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the "restaurant style" chips most places serve. Or even the "restaurant style" chips that you can buy in a bag. This place gave us chips that looked, felt, and tasted "out of the bag style"… after the bag had been left open for a couple hours. I have no proof, but I'm certain we were eating Tostitos round corn chips. Even the tepid salsa was of the canned variety. Not that I was complaining at the time, because when you're hungry, food is food.

Fortunately, the comedians (the real reason for being there) were all funny. And I'm not just saying that because I'm easily amused. It was cool to see pseudo-celebrity David Allan Grier perform. I still remember him from the "In Living Color" days and it seems he displays his best stuff on a live stage.

Once the show was over we finally headed out to get some real food. FOOD! We went to Pink's Hotdogs. I love this place. The food is so blatantly, gloriously unhealthy. I had the Polish-Pastrami Dog and this thing called the "Lakers 3-peat Dog." It's three hot dogs, three strips of bacon, three slices of cheese, and a huge glop of chili all wrapped inside a tortilla. It was GOOD. The scary thing was I was still hungry after all that. I probably should have ordered my usual: the Double Poli-Bacon-Chili Cheeseburger. Two hamburger patties, a polish sausage sliced in half and placed on top of the patties, bacon, a scoop of chili, all in one burger. That's some good eatin'.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 4:08 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?