:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, September 17, 2009 ::

:: Fall Meme ::
I normally avoid doing memes unless I'm really need something to write about. As it so happens, I really need something to write about but at the same time this meme is a bit more erudite than others I've seen in the past. I won't tag anyone but give it a go yourself.

1. It’s not fall in Miami (or your city of origin) until _____________? That’s assuming you can actually tell the difference in weather between summer and fall here. The mosquitoes stop swarming so heavily, hurricane watches have died down to a bare minimum, and Dolphins fans start breaking out both their Marino Jerseys and delusions of grandeur, and I switch from Irish Whiskey to Bourbon.

2. Kelly Preston’s character in the movie For Love of the Game expresses her need to escape NYC because “Summer’s almost over, and I feel like I missed it.” What do you need to do in the waning days of summer for it to feel complete? Being as it summer lasts a bit longer here than most other cities (seriously, at 10:15 in the evening it's STILL 84 degrees) I have a few extra weeks to feel the sand between my toes, whip up some good ceviche, and wash it down with a Belgian beer.

3. The person I know is wrong for me but about whom I frequently think after a break-up is _____________? There isn't any one in particular. Being (overly) introspective makes me often wonder what I could have done differently before dwelling on her faults (alcohol helps in this regard).

4. The US Tennis Open, one of four Grand Slam events in that sport, is currently in the quarterfinal round. If you could only attend one major sporting event what would it be? Ideally, it would be Game 7 of the World Series at Dodger Stadium, sitting in the bleachers with dem bums, watching my Dodgers win the whole thing.

5. Assuming that you write an anonymous or partially anonymous blog, by what non-physically identifying characteristics might you be identified in a bar? If the bar is a dive, I'm the guy with the black hair that's almost down to the barstool. I'm probably watching sports of some sort on the TV and if the air conditioning is strong enough, I'm sipping on a dark beer.

6. Most blogs cover some sort of niche – personal, political, dating, culinary, etc. What topic, if any, would you like to address on your blog but doesn’t fit into your niche? Those topics and more run the gamut on my blog, much like me in real life. It would be very difficult to pinpoint just one thing. Being a widely read sports blogger does have its appeal, however.

7. If you could manipulate the time space continuum and give as many as three pieces of advice to a younger version of yourself, what advice would you give and to what age of you? At age 6: Stop being so fucking annoying. It's not the other kids, it's you. At age 13: Despite what mom and dad are telling you, it's okay to like girls. Get some practice talking to them now so you'll get better as a grown-up. In fact, get some practice just being more social. At age 22: Go ahead and try out that restaurant job. You might realize early on that you enjoy this type of work. At age 31: Do NOT look for a restaurant job. Remember why you moved to Miami.

8. Who among your friends do you really wish had a blog because their stories, or perspective on something ought to be shared? My little brother used to have a blog that was very intelligently written and insightful. I sometimes wish he'd start back up.

9. If you were to take an e-cation (vacation from the trappings of our electronic world,) and assuming that employment obligations would allow it, how long of a break could you take? What would you miss the most, the least? My e-cation would absolutely coincide with an actual vacation; preferably someplace remote like the mountains or a secluded private beach where even electricity might be scarce. This vacation would take place between when the Super Bowl ends and Spring Training begins. I would probably miss the blogs I read regularly.

10. On September 11th of this year, I will be attending a couple of parties and am somewhat conflicted by the fact that this ignoble anniversary shall pass with it being just another day in the eyes of many (and in some ways my own eyes as well.) Thoughts? I was in L.A. at the time and fortunately, I didn't lose anyone close to me, but I know a few that did. A brief moment of silence to remember seems appropriate.

11 How high are your walls? Who was the last person to scale them? What tools should would-be climbers have on their belt? Remember that scene in "The Rookie" when Dennis Quaid's character finally gets called up to The Show and his first game is at The Ballpark in Arlington? Remember him looking up at that palatial structure in awe? That's kinda what my walls are like, only there's also a moat around it. If you want to get to know me don't bombard me with questions. Engage me in good conversation where you tell me about yourself because unless I'm getting to know you, you won't get to know me. Even small talk is fine. It also takes time. Lots of time. Buying me a drink helps.

12. The sexiest thing a woman can say to you (or has said to you) is _____________? I love spending time with you.

Labels: ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 9:55 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?