:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 ::

:: My Eyes! ::
Ever since I got this new job, things haven't gone well for my eyewear. The first thing that happened was losing one of my favorite pairs of Oakleys during the first week of training. It was partly my own fault for forgetting to take them home with me at night but they were in a very specific spot behind the bar and not anyone can just go back there. Oh well.

Later, I lose one of my contact lenses in a freak incident when I get to work. I walk in, wipe the sweat from my brow, and take off my sunglasses. When I blink I feel the left lens pop out and hit the floor. I spent a good half hour on my knees trying to find them.

If you're wondering how that could happen, I wear rigid gas permeable contacts; they tend to move around somewhat in the eye and if you blink while your eye is at a certain angle, they can pop out.

But I've never lost a pair before. Yes they've popped out many times in some very inopportune places (playing tennis or football, driving down I-5 in 6:00 traffic, in the kitchen while I'm cooking with the stove at full blast) but I've always recovered them. Not this time.

Luckily, I had a back up pair of soft lenses that used for about a month. I went in to the optometrist to get a new pair (a little over $200 with the eye exam and a fresh pair of lenses) on Saturday. Sunday, I wake up with a sore throat and a case of Conjunctivitis a.k.a. Pink Eye. Just fucking great.

I buy some eye drops while grocery shopping but when I go to pick up my new lenses this afternoon, the optometrist notices my eye and makes me sit for a $75 eye exam to confirm the obvious. At which point he writes out a prescription for a tiny bottle on antibiotic eye drops that cost another $99.

(Did I mention I don't have health insurance? Thank you Economic Stimulus Check.)

Needless to say, it's been a bit off for me lately.

Labels: , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 6:48 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?