:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 ::

:: Time to Move on ::
I just got fired from my job today. It was for something stupid that I'm not going to get into and I probably could have prevented it if I paid a little more attention to my stuff. To be honest, I was getting frustrated with that job anyway, and when the owner broke the news, I didn't really fight it. In the back of my mind, I think I knew it was going to happen.

Still, when it actually happens, no matter how much I might have hated my job I left feeling a little numb. I've quit jobs, I've been laid off, but I've never been fired, and this is a new experience for me. Even if I wasn't satisfied, I still showed up - admittedly late every now and then - and I worked hard while I was there and to have it removed still sucks.

So now what? This moves up my time table to go out find my "real" job a little bit. Till then, I find something to hold me over. Wish me luck.


EDIT: I found out from a co-worker that I got ratted out by a trainee who called this morning to tell the owners that he couldn't work here because he thought all the waiters were corrupt thieves, or something to that effect. The odd thing is, my name somehow came up, when literally the only words I said to him all night was, "hi, I"m Dan-E." I'm not the only one who did what I did, but for that (ridiculous) reason, they decided to use me as an example.

So they'd rather value the word of some piece of shit who didn't even have the balls to voice his complaint in person over an employee who's been there over two years. I think I'm better off away from there.

Labels: ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 6:40 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?