:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, February 15, 2008 ::

:: Baseball and 'Roids ::
Have you guys been following the deposition of Roger Clemens at all? Me neither. You'd think that with my love of baseball, I'd be keeping close tabs on this but I think it's a colossal waste of taxpayer money, manpower, and airtime. Forget the argument that Congressional resources could be redirected to something more pertinent. Baseball has already implemented rules, tests, and penalties to try to prevent future steroid and HGH use. It's not perfect, more could be done, and more is being done but it's a considerable upgrade from the "don't ask, don't tell, just make sure you get me some of that" policy of the recent past. And it certainly didn't need government intervention.

Henry Waxman and his cronies just needed a pointless outlet to wield their Congressional Powers (what I really think happened was that Clemens declined his request to play for his Democratic Majority Softball Team; I hear they're getting tired of always losing the Republicans... that's just what I heard) and we're inundated with updates on a pointless tribunal that borders on theater.

My only real thought? I had no idea that "misremember" is a real word. Who knew?


Edit: I forgot to mention, Clemens doesn't know what "vegan" means. Sad, yet in a weird way I kinda like that about him.

Labels: , , ,


:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 1:45 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?