:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, February 08, 2007 ::

:: My Creativity has Fallen and I can't Get Up ::
Ever since I heard about a job possibility here in Florida a few weeks ago, I've spent whatever free time I've had putting my portfolio together. Or more accurately, I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what to put in and leave out, what to change, what to leave as is, all the while resisting the temptation of throwing my laptop out the window of my Starbucks.

It's one thing if you're burned out and can't find your creativity like I was a little over a year ago but this is different. One of the traps of sitting around trying to think of ideas is that, at leats in my case, I start to, well... think. About everything but. I'm critically introspective as it is and add a bit of personal dissatisfaction with certain aspects of my life and you can imagine the kind of thoughts that fly through my mind while I'm trying to figure out a better tagline for Febreeze.

But this doesn't feel new either. It's almost like starting up a new quarter (minus the 9am classes). But I don't have a hard deadline, and I'm not striving for an "A." I'm not worried about some hack teacher's opinion, and I'm not concerned about next week's workload. I'm trying to get that elusive "real" job. That old saying is true; the only thing that can stop me is myself.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 10:23 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?