:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, August 11, 2006 ::

:: You Know you're from California if... ::
I am a "CALIFORNIAN." That means...

-Everyone hates cops (sadly true)

-We'll roll up 40 deep when something goes down (I'm not sure what "roll up 40 deep" means but, sure why not)

-I live next door to mexicans (that's how I had a Mexican Grandma)

-Our chicks are WAYYYY hotter than yours (very true)

- I say "like" and "for sure" and "right on" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and "tight" and "bro" and I say them often (like, totally dude!)

- I know what real cheese & avocados taste like (avocados in Florida aren't nearly as tasty as a good California Haas)

- I don't get snowdays off because theres only snow in Mammoth, Tahoe, Shasta, and Big Bear (snow's that white stuff that you don't snort, right?)

- I can wear sandals all year long (board shorts and flip flops almost all year)

- I go to the Beach - not "down to the shore" (who says "down to the shore"?)

- I know 65 mph really means 100 (I keep it around 85 nowadays)

- When someone cuts me off, they get the horn and the finger and high speed chase cuz we dont mess around on the road (though Miami drivers are even worse than California drivers, something I didn't think was possible)

- My governor can kick your governor's ass (We're talking to you, Minnesota)

- I can go out at midnight (yep)

-You judge people based on what area code they live in, and when asked where you're from, you give your area code (310)

- I might get looked at funny by locals when I'm on vacation in their state, but when they find out I'm from California I turn into a Greek GOD (not exactly God-like, but people do respond positively... unless they lived there for a short time)

- We don't stop at stop signs... we do a "california roll." No cop no stop baby! (here, people don't even slow down)

- I can get fresh and REAL Mexican food 24 hours a day (best Mexican food outside of, well, Mexico)

- All the TV shows you "other" states watch get filmed here (except for the ones filmed in Canada... that horrible grammar isn't mine)

-We're the Golden State. Not the Cheese State. Not the Garden State.....GOLDEN!!! (no one else comes close)

- We have In 'n Out Burger (again, no one else comes close)

- I have the most representation in the House of Representatives, which means MY opinion means more than yours (what we lack in quality, we make up for in quantity)

- The best athletes come from here (steroid users COUGHBarryBondsCOUGH and, well, the entire SanFran Giants roster don't count)

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 4:58 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?