:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, June 25, 2006 ::

:: I'm not as Thunk as you Drink I am ::
Yesterday was the 11th anniversary of The Abbey Brewing Company, one of my favorite bars here in South Beach. Their celebration offer was a $25 all-you-can-drink draft beers all day from 8am (Sunday morning) to 5am (the following morning). The fact that The Girlfriend was the one who told me about this is yet another item on the What Maker her Cool List (tennis racket choices notwithstanding).

What that means is that you can theoretically show up at 8am, drink till your heart's content, (or you liver screams for mercy) go grab some food or sober up at home, return and drink some more, repeat. For 22 hours.

I got a bit of a late start but I got my money's worth (and then some) anyway. The Abbey has four of their own recipes and another ten beers from around the world on tap, and except for the one from Canada, which they ran out of - which I can understand since they only had 70% of the amount of the American brews (I'll never get tired of that joke) - I got through them all. And I even tried a few of them a second time. Any maybe a third.

I have a pretty good tolerance (practice) but I still ate a large lunch beforehand so I could (pretend to) be sober enough to enjoy all the beers longer before passing out drunk. And yes, I was planning on getting drunk (I got that day AND the day after off from work). It just`, ummm, didn't quite work out that way. Granted there was a break in there involving greasy foods and maybe a short nap but all I got was mildly tipsy. And honestly, I was a little disappointed at myself. Seriously, who goes out to get drunk and then fails?! Is that an even bigger failure than the guy who tries to kill himself but screws it up? Or is it worse? Please, someone tell me. On second thought, don't.

I guess my 220lbs does a better job of absorbing alcohol than I realized.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 4:15 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?