:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Monday, April 03, 2006 ::

:: Or Not ::
I'm not really planning on taking a break from this blog. I just thought it'd be funny to write that post (check the date) but apparently, I was the only one who thought so.

So anyway, one of the recent developments in my life is that The Girlfriend and I have decided to try to lose weight together. She's a little upset about not being able to fit into some of her favorite clothes and while I can still fit into most of mine, I had to go up a notch on my belt and some of my shirts are fitting a little too tight for comfort. (That and I'm having trouble finding my nutsack. Just kidding. I know where it is. It's in a pickle jar in The Girlfriend's pantry.) After some debate, I decided to go back on Atkins since it worked so well for me before.

Two things:

When I did it before, a couple of friends who were already on it introduced it to me and we had our own little Atkins support system working so it was easy to stay on it. As the saying goes, "misery loves company" but apparently, it also loves a good barbecue. Being on my own doesn't exactly help and as every guy knows, having your lady harping on you to stay on it sometimes has the opposite effect.

The other thing that helped was that I didn't work at a restaurant. Trying to diet while working at a restaurant is like trying to shake kleptomania by forcing people to give you things to take. That it's a seafood place doesn't exactly help, since there's always an abundance of bread, roasted potatoes, and umm, beer lying around. (And The Girlfriend seems even more tormented since she's surrounded by sandwiches, sugary pastries, and Venti White Mochas.)

Also not helping is that last weekend, I was forced to meet up with some friends (the same way Luciano Pavoratti might be "forced" to eat a giant meatball) two nights in a row at Lost Weekend and if you know anything about South Beach, if you go to Lost Weekend, you kinda have to drink. And being as it was forced to drink beer, which isn't exactly lo-carb-friendly (I'm pretty sure Guinness doesn't have a "lite" version) that put a rough start to my diet as well.

Whatever, I did it before and I can certainly do it again. And i figured that a little accountability might be helpful so I'm gonna periodically update my progress on this blog. In January I weighed 205. Right now, I'm at a hefty 225. My goal? 195. Wish me luck.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 11:34 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?