:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 ::

:: It could have been worse. I could have interviewed to be a window cleaner guy at a peep show. ::
Actually, the interview went pretty well considering the lack of preparation time and my inability to get my printer working. As it turns out, the job was more along the lines of graphic design/marketing using predetermined templates for use in their marketing division. As it is, they were looking for someone with a bit more experience in heading up marketing work but the woman who interviewed me - also a Miami Ad School grad, oddly enough - liked my worked enough that they'd keep me on the short list of contacts whenever they need some freelance work. It seemed like a cushy job and all but I was doing similar work before and my whole reason for going to art school in the first place was so I wouldn't have to do that anymore.

But it was still nice to get my first post-grad job interview out of the way as a way getting myself focused on finding a real job. I've been out of school for about six months and this is only my first one simply because I haven't been putting in that much effort. I spent two long years at school working my ass off - including a fairly intense three-month Internship - with hardly a break the last three quarters. (Including classes in the summer! Two years in a row! You know how weird that is for me?! Going to summer school?! That's about as unlikely as seeing a Rabbi chowing down at a Tony Roma's! Or a Muslim at a Morton's Steakhouse. Or, for that matter, me in the produce aisle.) Simply put, I was burned out and I needed a break from thinking about ads.

Of course I didn't think this break would last this long but it just so happened that The Girlfriend weaved her way into my life and that's been another distraction. (But I don't mean "distraction" in a bad way. She's been a great distraction for me, kinda the same way you'd be happy to see a buddy if he showed up at your place at 2am with a some weed and his "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" DVD after you've been studying strategy for four hours straight. In other words, it's a good thing. Not that I would know anything about that.)

And it doesn't help that I live in a city where there's sunshine year-round and I like the fact that the bulk of my minimal responsibilities are paying bills and keeping The Girlfriend is happy. I can work on freelance projects at my leisure. I can watch the 2am rerun of Sunday Night Baseball without worrying about having to wake up early to miss the traffic jam. I'm enjoying this downtime since I know that once I get my grown-up job, I'm going to fully immerse myself in that job for the next 3-5 years. And I'm ok with that. In fact I'm looking forward to it and I know I'll enjoy it.

But I'm really enjoying my life the way it is now.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:15 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?