:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, January 19, 2006 ::

:: A Little History ::
Greetings my fellow meat popsicles. You've probably been wondering what's been keeping me busy all this time. I've been busy pushing seafood on an almost-daily basis telling people things like "our special today is the grilled 1 1/2 pound Maine Lobster with salad or pasta for $29.99," "personally, I think that Syrah would go much better with your Surf 'n Turf," and "it tastes like burnt sugar because it's a 'Cheesecake Brulé' you stupid, whiney, chicken-legged, oxygen-wasting slutbag." (Ok, I may have made that last one up. She wasn't that whiney.) I could go into great lengths about kinds of people I serve at this restaurant but that's for another time.

I'm not sure exactly where to start with this... I've been on many dates while I've had my blog but never wrote about them till recently. From the comments I've been receiving a few of you are concerned that things may be moving a bit fast and to some degree, it has been for me. But this girl I've been dating is a surprisingly comfortable (or rather, non-panic inducing) presence for even a commitment-phobe like me. Things have progressed fast since she returned to Miami about ten days ago but we've actually been communicating with each other since the end of October (I think).

When I first met her, my first impression was that she was a lot fun but there wasn't any attraction on my part at first. But since she seemed so fun, I exchanged emails with her and since then I've been emailing/iChatting/talking to her almost every day. Her attraction to me was pretty instant (and really, who can blame her? Just nod and agree dammit) and as clueless as I can be about picking up signals from women, I guessed back then that she might have a crush on me. Partly because she seemed genuinely excited to hear from me and asked questions beyond the typical "what kinda music do you like?" But mostly because she told me "Dan-E I might have a crush on you." (I'm perceptive aren't I?) We got to know each other quite a bit during those two months and sometimes our conversations got pretty intimate. A little different for me considering how long it usually takes for me to open up to people,

Remember that one episode of "Friends" back in season three where Pheobe makes the observation that Ross and Rachel's first date would be more like a fifteenth (fifth?) date just because they've known each other for so long (I really shouldn't be able to remember these things)? It was kinda like that for us when she finally got back. I took her to Primanti Brothers up in Ft. Lauderdale and there weren't any first-date jitters from either of us. And really, if you put a really good sandwich in front of me, I'm too busy enjoying my food to be concerned about anything else.

I'll write more about her next time. It's been a fun ride so far and I'm happy for the company. Last thing, someone told me that the moniker "My Girl" is a little too mushy-feely and I've felt the same way. There's a few that I can think of that are all fitting; The Goofball, Blue Eyes, or Smart Ass. However, there's this most excellent thing about her that no other girl I've dated has: she's a diehard football fan. And not a girly they-have-pretty-uniforms or Tom-Brady-is-so-dream kinda fan. She really knows her shit and sometimes yells at the TV during games more than I do. So I've decided to refer to her on my blog from this point on as "Football Chick."

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:09 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?