:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 ::

:: Signs that I'm not Exactly Cell-phone Savvy ::
I've only owned a cell for a little over two years and before then I fiercely resisted getting one unless absolutely necessary, and even then only by gunpoint. Given my disdain towards poor cellular etiquette, the proliferation of phones with more pointless gadgets than Jenna Jameson's vibrator drawer, and my own old-school approach towards technology in general, it seems I'm still playing catch-up.

For example:
  • I never realized how convenient an earpiece really is until four months ago.
  • My 27-month old phone was one of the first with a camera. Except that the camera part was a separate piece that you had to plug into the bottom of the phone to use.
  • It still takes me forever to pound out "where are you?" when texting.
  • It might help me to type out "where r u" instead but I abhor that type of grammar.
  • I find those walkie-talkie phones to be the stupid AND annoying. Kinda like my ex.
  • I absolutely refuse to use a ringtone, and instead use a standard ringer that I've yet to hear anyone else use. (Even though that one Nokia commercial with the dude singing the "Dukes of Hazzard" showtune is pretty cool.)
  • Despite the fact that every cell phone has Caller ID, I still tend to pick it up without looking at the screen and answer with a "hello" in the form of a question.
  • Likewise, when I call someone and they answer by saying "hey Dan-E" I'm a little surprised that they know it's me that's calling.
  • Also, when I leave a message for someone who's number I just got, I still say my name and number, including the area code, even though I know in the back of my head that my number is flashing on their screen.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:11 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?