:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, December 17, 2005 ::

:: Home (in Miami) for the Holidays ::
This upcoming Christmas should be interesting since it's my first outside of L.A., away from friends and family. I'll miss seeing mom and dad. I won't miss my pops questioning my future and how mom compares me to my 7-years-younger brother just because he happens to have a job and a girlfriend. I will miss meeting his (latest) girlfriend and our discussions about the sorry state of my 49ers and the Lakers. I'll miss out watching the Lakers play the Heat, just like last year, with both of us yelling at the TV for Kobe to take the shot, and everyone else to step and play some defense, and each of us sulking off to our respective rooms without saying a word after they lose, just like last year.

I'll miss seeing my best friend and his (my surrogate) family and the annual Christmas Eve dinner at their place. I'll miss that dinner, which is an all-German spread of meats, cheeses, bread, and beer. (I'm really gonna miss that beer.) I'll miss my best friend picking me up at the airport and driving directly to In 'n Out so I can chow down on a couple of my favorite burgers. I'm totally going to miss seeing my little niece for the first time in person.

I'll miss ski season again as well the awesomeness of being able to go skiing all day, drive two hours west, and have dinner by the beach. I'll miss the way you can feel the air change and the smell of the salty air as you drive towards the beach. I totally miss Baja fish tacos. I miss the smell of the mountains and the peace and tranquility of the desert. I'll miss Mark and Brian in the Morning. I'll miss all you can eat sushi with PK and being able to congratulate him and his wife in person for their baby that's coming in a few months.

But despite that, I'm looking forward to the holidays. I'm looking forward to celebrating with friends. I'm looking forward to witnessing whatever freakish occurrences might happen in this city this time of the year instead of just hearing about it. I'm looking forward to January. I'm looking forward to an unknown future.

I'll miss a lot of things about 2005, but I'm very much looking forward to 2006.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 9:47 PM [+] :: | 1 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?