:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, December 03, 2005 ::

:: Embarrassing Moments ::
Being an introvert, there are a lot of things I enjoy doing but only in the privacy of my own place. (Yeah, especially that.) One of those is singing. I'm not a great singer or anything but back when I had a car, anytime I was alone and on the freeway, I was one of those people you might catch singing along to something on the radio. The car was my own personal recording studio. I memorized songs by U2, Bon Jovi, Tom Petty, and even a couple by Lynyrd Skynyrd (neither of which was "Freebird" or "Sweet Home Alabama"... I am such a Caucasian) thanks to that habit. It's only on the freeway because one my more embarrassing moments involve singing in the car:

I was driving down Artesia with the windows rolled down on a typically warm L.A. morning. There wasn't too much traffic so I was quietly singing along to one of my favorite songs on the radio (I don't recall exactly what song since I've tried - unsuccessfully - to repress this memory). So I pull up to a red light and since the good part was coming up, I really wanted to finish it. I look around just to make sure there's no one within earshot. Since the coast is clear, I close my eyes, and belt out the last few bars like I'm Bono at Live Aid. Song over, I feel good.

And then out of nowhere, I hear clapping.

I look left and I see a couple of girls in a Cabriolet looking at me with huge grins on their face and giving me sarcastic applause. I have no way to confirm this but I'm certain my face turned about as red as my car. I did the best I could slide down into my seat (and through the floorboard, if possible). When the light turned green, I waited until the girls took off before I went on my way, and even then I took a right at the very next light just because I was so embarassed.

Ever since then I still sing in my car, but only on the freeway since I usually have my windows rolled up and people are too busy talking on their cell phones to be looking over at the car next to them.

Granted, it's probably not up there in the embarrassment scale compared to other people and especially since it doesn't start with the phrase "this one time when I was really drunk..." There are a couple even more embarrassing things that have happened but that one just sticks out for me.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:25 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?