:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, December 09, 2005 ::

:: Eat Me ::
I've always been a sucker for free stuff but being a student the last two+ years has made me truly appreciate the value of free food. My favorite local bar called "Dewey's" has happy hour every Friday and that includes a free food buffet. It's not anything great since the stuff consists of overcooked meatballs, rubbery shrimp cocktail, stale chips and tepid salsa, and other stuff that's been deep-fried beyond recognition. But hell, it's free.

Except their deep-fried stuff includes eggrolls. Now I've had authentic eggrolls that are ethereally light and flavorful that can easily rank in the Top 10 best meals I've had in my lifetime. Dewey's eggrolls are the kind that would make a real Chinese dude so angry that he might abduct the cook, tie him to a rack, and torture his hands till they almost fall off (honk if you get that joke). And yet, I've yet to talk to anyone at my school that doesn't find them irresistable and borderline addicting. They're kinda like those awful hot dogs you get at run-down gas stations. You know it's bad for you and that nothing good can come from eating them but you find yourself reaching for you one anyway and those first few bites are just bliss. You guys know what I'm talking about, right?

(Umm. Me neither.)

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 7:06 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?