:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Saturday, October 01, 2005 ::

:: Week 4 Picks ::
After going a sad 6-7 last week I'm gonna see if this week's picks might work out better if I try to pick less on my whims and more on whether or not the team is, you know, good.

Cincinnati over Houston
David Carr is looking over at Carson Palmer's team and saying "yo! Can I get a little help here? Maybe a good o-line for starters?! I've been thrown on my back more than Madonna in the 80s!"

Indianapolis over Tennessee
The way that Indy's defense is playing right now, Petyon Manning could literally phone it in this week and they'd win. Hell, he could have Eli play for him this week and they'd probably win.

New England over San Diego
My initial thought was to pick Sandy Eggo since the Pats lost Rodney Harrison but the way they hung in and beat Pittsburg last week gave me second thoughts. That and Brady is Football's version of David "Big Papi" Ortiz. Only prettier and minus the cool nickname.

New Orleans over Buffalo
Aaron Brooks is a little shaky when facing a good defense like the Bills but J.P. Losman looks shakier than that pretty much all the time. This one might be a low scoring game.

Giants over St. Louis
You know the guy with the huge biceps that tries too hard to look smart by completely mangling the use of big words? Mike Martz has possibly the best 1-2 punch in the backfield with Steven Jackson and Marshall Faulk and what does he do? He tries way to hard to pass the ball.

Tampa Bay over Detroit
The only reason Joey Harrington is still the starting QB is because Jeff Garcia is injured. That and he must have naked photos Matt Millen with animals or something. Tampa Bay in a blowout.

Seattle over Washington
I'm trying to think of something clever to say about this team but all I can come up with is this: Matt Hasslebeck is the best balding QB playing right now.

Jacksonville over Denver
Jake Plummer is probably the most erratic QB right now and he somehow managed a turnover-free game last week. Denver fans still pine for the days of John Elway.

Baltimore over New York Jets
Chad Pannington is gone for the season with a shoulder injury. Backup Jay Fiedler is down with a shoulder injury. Starting this week is a 3rd year QB that's never started a game in his life. His backup is 58 year old Vinny Testaverde. I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb when I say that Jets' season is over.

Philly over Kansas City
With Donovan McNabb hobbled with a chest contusion, he's forced to stay back and pass the ball, which doesn't bode well for the Chiefs. Remember when he broke his ankle a couple of years ago and somehow he still managed to throw four touchdowns? And somehow, T.O. is gonna find a way to upstage him.

Oakland over Dallas
I'm not just picking Oakland because I'm still pissed about the Cowboy winning last week. All I'm saying is that if they had trouble containing the Niner's average offense, Randy Moss is gonna go buck wild in this game. Kerry Collins is still gonna throw two picks, however.

Atlanta over Minneapolis
Since I was wrong about Michael Vick last week, I'm gonna try to make amends this week by saying he's gonna be huge vs. the Vikings overpaid and underperforming defense this week. Coach Mike Tice is gonna get nervous and start browsing the newspaper for a new job.

San Francisco over Arizona
Last season, my 49ers won exactly two games. Those two games were against 'zona. And now that their bandwagon is suddenly lighter after all people who picked them to be the darkhorse wildcard team, and the fact that Kurt Warner is hurt (again), look for the Cardinals to find new and amazing ways to lose a football game.

Carolina over Green Bay
Brett Favre is great and all but even his magic isn't enough this save this season.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:39 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?