:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, September 29, 2005 ::

:: Job Hunting. ::
The last few days have been interesting for me, partly in what I've beenup to but also in everything that's been going through my mind. I'm mere steps away from being back out in the real world being a taxpayer. I'm (finally) leaving the college world behind permanently (I hope) and on my way to actually having a career. My first step?

Make rent.

Seriously. I'm in the middle of two job searches right now: one is for that thing that I spent two years and thousands of dollars to learn how to do and the other is for the temporary job as a waiter or something so I can get by in the meantime. (And both those jobs are merely things to hold me over until I get my big break as a rock star.) I was fully aware that get a job right out of school is rare and requires a degree of luck and knowing the right people. Still, I'm also going to see if I have the luxury of being somewhat picky about where I can get hired.

I certainly can be somewhat picky since tourist season in Miami is just starting and most restaurants are gonna be starving for help. It shouldn't be too difficult to find something since I worked as a server my first year of school and if anything it should provide me with some fascinating stories for my blog. I've been checking inquiring at a few hotspots on Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive to see if there are any openings for an art student with "extensive server experience."

I'm also somewhat amused by the fact there's a very real possibiliy that I'm going to be one of those people with a Masters Degree in Art History/Appreciation/etc. that utilizes that expensive education by learning how to pour a perfect latte. And as if to say that it is indeed my short-term career path, the Starbucks two blocks from my place has a giant "help wanted" sign up on their window. And considering how much coffee I drank in the last two years, All that "collateral education" makes something of an expert.

My parents would be so proud.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 10:05 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?