:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, September 01, 2005 ::

:: Coming up on Two Years ::
At the moment I'm sitting in one of the conference rooms to Crispin Porter + Bogusky waiting for one of my former teachers to get around to critiquing my portfolio. Or at least what I have of it at the moment. I can't believe it's already been almost two years since picking up what I now laughing refer to as "my life" and moving out to Miami Beach. It's amazing how life just seems to get faster as you get older and yet, goals you set for your life still seem so distant.

And now, almost two years later, I find myself wishing for just a little more time. And I chastise myself for even thinking that way by way of "you've had two freakin' years you lazy bastard. Get off your ass." I haven't reached that whigging-out stage, and I probably won't since I'm not really that much of a whigging-out type to begin with so it's mildly amusing to see some of the girls in my class starting to freak.

The few moments I have to think about it, I probably should be though: I'm the oldest in my class (30, and 31 is approaching very quickly) and unlike most of the other students in my school (average age 22-25) I don't feel like I have the luxury of time that they have. I'm fortunate enough that I'm going to be doing what I want to be doing but, at least to me, I feel I have very few fall-back options.

But I wouldn't have it any other way. I've never been one to make things easy on myself (though at times, I do wish I wouldn't complicate things so much) so it's only fitting that I'm doing what I'm doing when I'm doing it. I took a huge chance two years ago and I was fortunate enough that it worked out well. Some of it was my own doing, a lot of it was things completely out of my control falling in place, and well, a large dose of good luck helped.

And really, a lot of things in my past that worked out well for me seemed like daunting tasks at first. Two years doesn't seem that bad now but back then I was worried about something that might a few weeks. How much things have changed, but how much things have stayed the same. It's funny to think that just now in the elevator, a friend of mine marveled at the fact that I've only had one hair cut in the last two years. I could go into length about the last two years and my hair now being past my shoulder is the least of it. I could go into it, but I'm gonna save that for another post.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 9:33 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?