:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, August 26, 2005 ::

:: Blown Over ::
So it seems I was right. Tropical Storm Katrina swelled into Hurricane Katrina just as she touched down in Miami - quite possibly because she made a quick stop at a plastic surgery clinic - and did a little more damage than expected. Still it could have been a lot worse and at least for the people here in South Beach, it wasn't bad at all. Some trees and branches were knocked down, signs were tossed about, a few broken windows, flooded streets, but that's about it.

I was complaining to one of my friends about my cable being out but that's nothing considering some parts of the island lost electricity altogether. The only real annoying part of the evening was when the building's fire alarm randomly went off. At 11:30 at night. (Fire? In THIS rain?) A lot of people stuck their heads out wonder what the hell was going on and I started walking around the building looking for something that might turn the alarm off. A control panel, some toggle switches, a sledge hammer maybe. Fortunately, one of the residents called the landlord, after which she handed me the phone - apparently I was the only guy in the building who heard the damn thing go off (WTF?) - and he told me where to find the "off" button.

But that's the extent of the drama here on the Beach. One can only hope that any other following hurricanes will be as uneventful.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 6:25 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?