:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Friday, June 24, 2005 ::

:: I suck at Basketball ::
So clearly, I know almost nothing about basketball. If you read the last post and scoffed at my prediction, you're in complete agreement with that last sentence. As much as I love sports, I find basketball to be boring and predictable in the last few years so I haven't followed it as closely as I do football, baseball, or even volleyball and tennis.

But hey, I said the Spurs would win so give me a little credit for that. But it wasn't so much them winning as much as it is the way they won that I found interesting. It ended up being the lowest scoring Game 7 ever but I found it quite fun to watch. I don't know if it's because I like to play sports even more than I enjoy watching it but I'm probably one of the few people who appreciate good defense. As much as I wanted the Raiders to win, seeing the Tampa bay defensive unit dominate in the Super Bowl two years ago was fun. Last year's Dodgers and the Florida Marlins or the last few years were especially fun to watch because of their great defense and few things are more beautiful than a perfectly turned double play. Holly McPeak is my favorite volleyball player because she was named AVP Best Defensive Player 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004. Well, that and she has awesome abs.

Where was I. Oh yeah. But the Spur's defense really broke out of their shell in the fourth quarter and did to Detroit what Detroit did to them in Games 3, 4, and 6. 81-74 may have been the final score but it don't try to tell me it was a boring game. It was a great game to watch. Congradulations Spurs.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 12:16 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?