:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, May 12, 2005 ::

:: Prague update: halfway point ::
Coffee is my friend and I'm not letting it go any time soon.

Since week four I've developed the habit of coming into work at 8:00-8:10 or so. It's not to try to appease myself to my bosses or anything like that but mostly 'cuz I need that extra hour to keep up with everything. This is so against my typical behavior and yet I've become accustomed to this early-bird insanity. It probably helps that I turn in a little earlier than usual; I'm always in bed around midnight, as opposed to three or four in the morning. And pulling myself out of bed at 6:40 or so isn't the struggle I thought it would be. I even eat breakfast. In the past, I would sleep an extra 20 minutes and skip breakfast. But being an old man now I need all the energy I can get.

Last night was One of those Nights at the agency. There's a new client pitch later today (1pm Eastern European Time) and all the creatives involved in the project were here until at least 10:30 preparing material for it. I left around 11:30 and thanks to a seemingly interminable wait at the subway, I didn't get home till after midnight but me being me (read: idiot) I stayed up another hour to read.

And yet, none of that seems to bother me, since it's 8:20am as I'm typing this. From all the stories I've heard about how advertising is never a 9-5 job and the creatives at Crispin working almost 24-7, I fully expected days like this happen. I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner. There's something about the pressure of a deadline that I seem to like working against after a certain time, the only times I ever looked at my watch was whenever I heard someone griping about wanting to go home.

Things haven't been completely ideal. The people of the agency like us and the Creative Directors have no trepidations about giving us work, but at the same time I've had to deal with a couple of personal issues (none of which I'm going to expand on here) and a slew of other things that are always on the back of my mind. Despite these, my work seems to be getting better and I'm still enjoying my time in Prague. This entire experience, warts and all, is exactly what I needed.

The agency providing free pizza for working late helps =)

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:28 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?