:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 ::

:: Game On! ::
In terms of sports, just about all of Europe is fanatical about soccer. But the cool thing about the Czech Republic is that the people here even more fanatical about hockey. I'm not as into hockey as I am in to football or baseball but I do try to follow the season, at least when there is one, and the playoffs are always exciting.

So now that the World Hockey Championships are going on right now there's a little office pool going on to see who can pick the most winners in the preliminary rounds as well as the finishing order of the final four. Most of the guys here are hockey fans to some degree, certainly more devoted than I am, and my roomie is from Minnesota. Enough said. So it shouldn't surprise me that four days into it so far, I'm in last place.

By a pretty good margin.

Still, I have a chance to make it up in the semis but it's not looking too good for me at the moment. At least they haven't given me a hard time about it since I've made no secret about being a diehard baseball fan. That I keep my lucky baseball on my desk probably gave that away.

Dude, I really baseball by the way.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:21 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?