:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 ::

:: More Prague ::
Four weeks in, I've pretty much settled into the routine. I don't know if I'll ever feel completely at home here the way I did when I moved to Miami but it's been nice. While life has been good the internship - the main reason I'm here in the first place - is kinda off to a rocky start.

As much as I've learned over the last year and a half, for whatever reason, it's been difficult to apply that to a real life situation. I've been grinding it out as much as I can: I always show up early and I rarely leave before 6:00. But creatively, I feel stuck. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself? It's not just for my benefit that I'm here; I also have the school's reputation to uphold. Or maybe I'm still hanging on a little too much to the school mentality; if I screw up one project for class, I have a few weeks to improve it. If I screw up a project here, the agency loses that business.

I've been squeaking by, barely, thanks to my partner and I've done my part in getting our ideas down on paper and to the creative directors but the bulk of the ideas - the part where we're supposed to come up with the Good Ideas - have been him. It hasn't sat well with him and it's certainly not sitting well with me.

Our teacher told us a couple of times to "have fun with this. This is advertising." It's hard for me to have fun when my current level of performance is similar to those days when I'm a soccer goalie and getting scored on repeatedly. I've done better. I know I can even do better than that. I'm just not sure on how to get there right now.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 3:08 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?