:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, November 11, 2004 ::

:: Such a Fucking Klutz ::
It's weeks like this that remind me why I should never get drunk again. Ever.

I bought my first pair of Oakley's in 7 years from ebay 2 months ago thinking I was free of my "sunglass curse" - my propensity for losing, breaking, or irrepairably damaging expensive shades.

This happens last Saturday: I'm walking with some friends on the sidewalk. One of the guys behind me asks me a question so I turn around and reply to him. I end up walking with my head turned around for a good ten feet or so on a narrow sidewalk. Our chat is over, I start to turn back forward, only to walk face-first into a signpost. And I walk pretty fast.

So now there's a two deep, nasty, inch-long scratches on the left side, right in my field of vision. Unlike the Bambino, my curse seems to be alive and well. Fortunately, the lenses are easily interchangable, but still.

Wednesday, I'm at class at the Crispin office. It's held in a conference room with all glass doors. Back up to earlier that day, when I drag myself out of bed after going to sleep around 6:00am.

So now its about 8:30, I'm a little tired, and I have a lot on my mind. I'm walking back to the conference room after a bathroom break. Thoughts about Friday's presentation is first and foremost in my mind. I'm the type to put my hand on my head when I'm deep in thought. As I approach the room, I start rubbing my eye... only to walk face-first into a glass door. Again, I don't walk slow so I'm honestly surprised that the door didn't break. So now I have nice little knot on my forehead right above my left eye. I can honestly say that's my first classroom-related injury.

This is why I don't get drunk. I'm dangerous enough sober.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 2:18 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?