:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Monday, November 01, 2004 ::

:: Boo! Or not. ::
This year's Halloween wasn't as odd as last year's but it was still fun. I wasn't sure what to dress up as until I got an invite from a student to a pig roast. Right then I thought "Luau!" "Hawaiian theme!" I got a costume!

My original plan was to wear a grass skirt and a white shirt with a coconut bra painted on the chest. It went awry when I discovered that the skirt I bought wouldn't go all the way around my waist. (I guess I'm a little bigger than your average hula girl. What only girls wear grass skirts?! Oh really? Never mind.) I improvised by cutting it in half turning them into grass leggings hula-boy style. I finished it off with a blue lei that matched the flowers on my board shorts.

All of the partying was done on Saturday. A few of us went to that pig roast first and stuffed ourselves full of swine. I gotta tell ya, few things are better than a chunk of pork sliced fresh off the pig after it was cooked over an open fire. I ate quite a bit, which I'm pretty sure you assumed already.

The party at school later that night was a little blah but the costumes were pretty cool. There were a couple of, um, couples that paired up. One had a guy dressed as a plug and the girl dressed as a socket. The another couple dressed liked they were from ancient Rome. My favorite was the husband dressed as Samuel Adams and the wife dressed as the St. Pauli Girl.

Today was relatively mild. Only thing students had to do was show up at soccer Sunday in some sort of git-up. I played in my grass leggings which made an amusing swishing sound whenver I ran. They didn't really help much though when I was playing goalie and got a soccer ball in the "man-berries" as one girl called them. Other than the fact that I'm singing soprano for the next week, it was a fun weekend.

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 1:15 AM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?