:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Sunday, October 24, 2004 ::

I hung out with a few of the new students last night to go see a movie ("I 'Heart' Huckabees," excellent, quirky, go see it). One of the scrubs that I met was this cute blonde chick from San Francisco. She's really friendly and talks in that "like, ohmigawed" sort of way but being a copywriter, possesses an impressive vocabulary and occasionally throws in multisyllabic words. An interesting combination.

The point of the story, right. We were talking after the movie and maybe five minutes into it, she asked me if I was from California.

"Yeah," I reply. "How'd you know?"

"You have this thing about you. 'Cuz I'm from San Francisco and I can tell."

"Really?"

*Nod*

"How can you tell?"

"I don't know if it's your diction or your accent or your attitude but I sorta caught it"

Of course I took it as a compliment, being very proud of my Californian ethnicity. But it made me wonder: what is it about me that conveys that? I'm curious because it's not the first time I've been told this. Other times, when I tell people I'm from Los Angeles their response is "yeah I can see that." Huh???

Actually, back up a little. What the hell is a "Californian" accent? Is that even real? I can understand people picking up on the fact that I say words like "dude," "sweet," and "totally" a lot but... I have an accent?

Seriously, what is it?

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 8:51 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?