:: Life on Planet Dan-E ::

Thoughts, observations, and introspections from an art student waiter/bartender in South Beach. Arcane humor ensues.
:: home | e-mail me | blogroll me :: Alcohol doesn’t solve any problems, but if then again, neither does soda. ::
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
[::..blogger stuff..::]
:: profile ::
:: twitter ::
[::..pictures..::]
:: my photos ::
:: my turtle ::
:: hurricane pics ::
[::..help..::]
:: the red cross ::
:: one ::
[::..real world..::]
:: wumanjoo ::
:: lindsay ::
:: it's all good ::
[::..blog world..::]
:: grateful dating ::
:: restaurant refugee ::
:: restaurant gal ::
:: citizenofthemonth ::
:: culinary couture ::
:: heartbreaker ::
[::..music..::]
:: u2 ::
:: larrivee ::
:: fender ::
[::..sports..::]
:: the nfl ::
:: the mlb ::
:: the niners ::
:: l.a. dodgers ::
:: dodger blues ::
::touch' em all::
[::..distractions..::]
:: fark ::
:: chrudat ::
:: the onion ::
::interesting thoughts::
[::.must reads..::]
:: 100 facts about me ::
:: my passion ::
:: my humor p.i ::
:: my humor p.ii ::
:: baseball ::
:: creative burnout ::
:: wingman rules 1-4 ::
:: wingman rules 5-6 ::
:: my ambitions ::
:: my inspiration ::
:: tribute to heros ::
:: a god among men ::
:: musical tastes ::
:: politics p.i ::
:: politics p.ii ::
[::..old stuff..::]
dating
OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine
Personal Blog Top Sites
Blog Flux Directory
Listed on BlogShares
Creme de la Creme
Join List < > ?
Powered by RingSurf
Review My Site
Who links to me?
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial- NoDerivs 2.5 License.

:: Thursday, September 02, 2004 ::

:: What, Me Worry? ::
If anything good comes out of Hurricane Frances for me on a personal level, it's that it's nice to know that I have a few friends that are concerned for my well being. Even though it's mostly because I'm responsible for finishing up the final projects, I'll take it. (Just kidding Carolina.)

I was doing a little walking around today trying to finish up some filming for a project and one can't help but feel the tangible difference in, for lack of a better word, atmosphere. People are harried. The usually jovial looks are replaced by anything from denial to concern to fright. Going back to yesterday's earthquake analogy, no one can predict and earthquake so there aren't steps that people take to prepare for one. Here,there are people walking around with water jugs, luggage, bags of canned food, and heavy faces.

Yet, I've been feeling strangely, relatively nonchalant, almost incousiant about this. My partner MK has been nagging me about putting together a plan to get the hell out of Dodge. Plan A was always to take myself to a shelter and wait it out there but it seems almost everyone else here is trying to get a carpool together to, well, anywhere else so I've spent the last few hours seeing if anyone else is leaving and if they have room for one more.

Maybe it's because I've been through natural disasters, having grown up in earthquake country. I've experienced the tremors firsthand (and yeah, I'm on of those freaks that doesn't feel anything under 5.0 on the Richter Scale) as well as having friends who've lost valuable prosessions. Fortunately, I haven't lost any actual friends to earthquakes. I guess I've accepted the idea that natural disasters, however unfortunate, are a part of life.

i should probably mention that I do appreciate the people who are looking our for my personal safety. And don't worry, the projects are gonna get done =P

:: Miscellaneous Ramblings by Dan-E at 5:09 PM [+] :: | 0 comments
.....

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?